In this article
- How do I get started?
- Top Questions Advisors are Asking
How do I get Started?
Before you can successfully enable your Veo® integration within Asset-Map you must first complete the required Release of Information (ROI) form and submit it to TD Support via email &/or fax (specified within the form).
Once TD has received your request, a member of their Support team will enable access to the Veo® Platform and notify you accordingly. Once you have received confirmation from TD that access has been granted you may enable the integration within Asset-Map by simply entering your Veo® credentials and clicking the “link” button.
Top Questions Advisors are Asking
Q. What information is imported over from Veo®?
A. Member information and Financial Instruments (making Tiles on an Asset-Map). Details in the article below.
Q. What's the most important thing to do before I use this integration.
A. Ensure clean Veo® data (accurate, complete, up-to-date, with no duplicate entries) translates into the best Asset-Maps with minimum changes before you meet with the client.
The Veo® integration with Asset-Map will have the ability to import member and instrument data and information from the Veo® platform into Asset-Map. When a search is executed via the integration in Asset Map and a client is imported an Asset-Map Household will be created and all eligible data will be imported directly into Asset-Map.
Enable and Search
- To enable your Veo® integration, navigate to your Integrations pane within the Asset-Map Platform (AMP).
2. Select Veo® from the integration listings.
3. Authenticate the Veo® integration using the login credentials for Veo® Platform. Once a user successfully authenticates they will be able to use the Veo® integration to begin creating households in AMP and linking members to existing households if the household already exists and the client already exists in Veo®.
After successful authentication the user screen should appear as follows in AMP:
Workflow & Included Information
The user can search for a client record via the search bar and either import to create a Household or click View to view a Household that has already been imported. User must be logged in to search/import.
Member Level Information
- First & Last Name
- Phone Number
Key Member Level Notes
- Date of Birth (DOB) imports to AMP from Veo® as the date that the import is completed. This is expected behavior. Set the member's date to the correct date of birth.
- Gender is set to default to Not Specified. This is expected behavior. Set the member to the correct gender.
Instrument Level Information
- Asset Type
- Account Type
- Instrument Choice (for Retirement Assets only)
- Owner Members
- Reference Name
- Date Collected
Key Instrument Level Notes:
- In the Asset/Instrument edit window the “Percentage Ownership” will always default to 100% for the member who is listed as the primary account holder in Veo®. If the user desires that percentage to be different than 100% (for example asset is jointly allocated to a member who is NOT imported via the Veo® integration) that will need to be adjusted manually after importing.
Link TD to Previously Created Household Members
Note: Only Households with a Client or Prospective status are eligible for use with Integrations. This will not work with Samples or Stencils.
To link previously existing Household Members, navigate to the Household Summary page:
In the Integrations pane, click on Veo®:
Search for the previously existing Household Member in the Veo® search bar within the Household:
Once the desired Household Member is located in the search, from the Import To dropdown list, select the Household Member you would like to link the information from Veo®to Asset Map:
After selecting the appropriate Household Member from the Import To drop down list, click Import to link the information from Veo® to the Household Member. Once the Household Member is successfully linked, they will show up as a linked member on the Veo® integration screen within their Household.
If you're not an Asset-Map subscriber and would like a demonstration, schedule one today! We'd love to show you.