In this article
- Using Data Loader Import
- Using Data Loader Export
You can import and export asset data for a member or members of a household.
Note: Importing an entire household or many households into Asset-Map is not a function of this feature.
Find the Data Loader on the Household Summary tab.
Using Data Loader Import
File Type, Format Facts & Information
- The Data Loader will only accept a CSV file format with the following columns included: id, name, source, value.
- If the CSV file uploaded by the user contains any other columns than these four, the Data Loader will ignore them.
- NOTE - the specific ordering of the columns within the import file does not matter
- “id” can be set to any (alphanumeric) value the user wishes to use.
- Net New Instruments uploaded via the loader will always import as non-retirement assets IF no ‘type’ or ‘category’ columns/values (which are optional fields) are specified within the file
- The Data Loader uses the id column to update the other fields with the information provided in the CSV file columns. If it recognizes a matching id, it will update the information for that instrument as indicated by the user.
- Example #1: User uploads CSV file #1. This file contains 10 instruments. After uploading, the user wishes to change the “name” field for all 10 instruments. Using the Data Loader, they can update the name cell in the “name” column of the CSV file for all 10 instruments and re-upload the same file. All 10 instrument names will update.
- Example #2: User uploads CSV file #2. This file contains 10 instruments. After uploading, the user wishes to change or update only the “value” field for all 10 instruments. Using the Data Loader, they can update the value cell in the “value” column of the CSV file for all 10 instruments. Then by selecting the “Only Update Values on Sync” checkbox, only the values that changed will be updated regardless of other changes made to the CSV file.
Using Data Loader Export
The Data Loader has a function to Export Household Financials that also allows for the ability to edit instruments that currently exists in Asset-Map households.
Data Loader Export: File Type, Format Facts & Information
- The Export Household Financials button on the Data Loader page allows for mass instrument editing via CSV by a user.
- When an export file is produced it includes: hash, type, category, name, source, and value columns.
- If any changes are made to any of these columns with the exception of “hash” the associated instruments in Asset-Map will reflect the changes made by the user when the file is saved and uploaded.
- If a “hash” is altered in any way from the export file, a new instrument will be created in the household. Asset-Map uses the “hash” column to identify preexisting instruments, so when a “hash” does not exist in the database, a new one is automatically created.
- So long as type and category columns are not edited in the file that is exported from Asset-Map, instruments will maintain their types and categories when the file is re-uploaded to Asset-Map.
Tags: integration, upload, download, client, update, data, Loader