A Target-Map is a progress report towards a financial goal.
Target-Map Preferences are default, global assumptions that Target-Maps and Target-Map templates use to generate reports quickly. They can be edited within each individual Target-Map.
We recommend you set defaults based on your typical client’s needs.
Set Target-Map Preferences
- Click the drop-down arrow next to your login name to open the platform menu.
- Choose "Target-Map Preferences" from the list.
- Use the left side menu to evaluate and edit the General Settings and the settings for specific Target-Map templates.
Each template has a choice of line items to include in your calculations. Include or exclude them using the check boxes, and adjust the assumptions as you see fit.
Remember to select Save when complete.
Important Tips that have helped other advisors
- Read our explanation of "Loss to Taxes" on the General Settings page.
- Our templates allow you to check or uncheck items (discussion topics) that you wish to include or exclude by default when you run a Target-Map. Though the line items are solid considerations for discussion in your meetings, choose what you want to talk about.
- Remember, expect to tailor the Target-Maps you create from within the specific Target-Map report. Each Target-Map comes with an Edit button.
Tags: template, loss, life, disability, long, term, care, education, retirement, edit, settings, default, preference